Sunday, January 12, 2014

Exact Age Calculator

Exact Age Calculator
on Codebits by Codecademy

I don't know how I came up with the idea, but I was wondering it would be cool to know exactly how old are you. The calculations are pretty rough (I don't count by birthday, but by year as 365 days and month as 30 days) and it has not been up to hour and minutes, but it is kind of working.

I was thinking it would be cool if it could be improved to prompt which country you are from then pull the data of the country's life expectancy, then we do a countdown how long do you have to live and make your dreams come true.

I am quite satisfied with it, though, especially with the button since that was actually an 'accident'; I didn't plan for it, but I thought it was hard to differentiate between the button and the Age box and I just did it on the fly.

Many thanks to Build A Calculator! track on Codecademy for helping in making this Codebits!

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment