Wednesday, January 15, 2014

NUS ModCrasher: Behind the Scene #3 - Social Widget in CSS

See the Pen Social Widget Bar by HansNewbie (@HansNewbie) on CodePen.


So this is the social widget that I made for NUS ModCrasher. I put the relevant code in CodePen so you could look at it and use it if you want (Tell me if you are using it for your site!). The effects are in pure CSS, but I use JavaScript to open the link as a pop-up window - much like other websites. You can customize what you want to share in the href link as stated in the respective social sites' documentations (the links are correct - Facebook button shares Facebook website, Google+ button shares Google+ website, Twitter button links to posting Test this button - but they are not working; I assume CodePen blocks it).

No comments:

Post a Comment